Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Still hot - 111F ride yesterday and 106F today. No pool or shower tonight; all parks around here are really expensive for just a tent spot (same as the motorhome price) so I am at a rest area with my 12V (1 amp) fan that runs off the bike all night (tested it earlier & still lots of power left in the battery in the morning). Now this particular rest stop has an added feature - a "Burger Bus"! It was just pulling out as I got here but she walked over and said they'll be back at 7 AM & handed me a breakfast menu!

The Burger Bus lady commented that I have already seen more of Australia than most Australians! But beyond that, I have felt it all and have been immersed in the environment whereas all the cars and caravans have Air Conditioning - seeing Australia as if it were a TV show: through glass. On the bike I hear, see, smell & FEEL it in its entirety. It can be a bit much but it is a glorious way to travel!

* Not something you're likely to see in a US highway rest area!

3 comments: